We hope that you will wish to send us your Commons Story for inclusion in the online Resource Bank. When you are ready to submit your findings, please adhere to the following guidelines if at all possible:
What to submit:
We hope that your research will have enabled you to provide answers to as many of the Research Questions (listed in Part 1 of this Toolkit) as possible. Please write the answers up in the form of a brief report; short paragraphs under subheadings for each question or topic would be ideal. You may also have images to send us, or audio recordings, films or transcripts. Please note that we cannot guarantee to upload everything you send us onto the Resource Bank (for example, there may be issues of sound quality or confidentiality).
When you are ready, the key ground rules are as follows:
- Please submit your material electronically, if at all possible, sending your report as a Word document (or, failing that, as an RTF file).
- If you are submitting images or audio or video recordings, please follow the guidelines given separately.
- Please also submit a completed cover sheet, giving us permission to post your Commons Story on our website.
- If you are sending audio or film clips, or transcripts, please ensure that all your contributors (e.g. interviewees) have understood and signed the Contributor’s consent form, giving us permission to post these on our website; you will need to send us copies of these forms.
Sending your report:
- Cover sheet and text of your report: please send these as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images and audio/video material: please send on a CD or DVD by post to Dr Eleanor Straughton, Department of History, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YT
If you are unable to submit material electronically, please send hard copy by post to Dr Eleanor Straughton, Department of History, Lancaster University, Lancaster LA1 4YT
Deadline: Please submit your material as soon as you have completed your work and no later than 31 May 2013.
(Text by A.J.L. Winchester and E.A. Straughton)